Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Waitlist Class of 2019

Replies to: Emory Waitlist Class of 2019

• kungFuGuykungFuGuy Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    NYU CAS
  • leahleahleahleah Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Mine's Boston College.
  • bouchmousbouchmous Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    has anyone heard back?
  • whatisgoingonmidwhatisgoingonmid Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    @bouchmous I believe that they will start to notify people in mid-may, which is starting this upcoming week
  • waitlisted2015waitlisted2015 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Has anyone called the admissions office to find out if they will take anyone from the waitlist this year? It doesn't seem like they are taking anyone according to any blogs so far. Maybe they don't need any wait listed student this year?
  • thecoolboy1234thecoolboy1234 Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    @waitlisted2015 knowing that this year has been the most competitive out of any years, it is possible that the yield rate is better than they had anticipated hence there will be less than 20 (if any) getting off the watilist this year
    ^ that's a very valid point. I'm just hoping for the best. The blog said that they will reevaluate applicants in "mid-may," which is coming soon.
  • awesomest47awesomest47 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Hi guys,
    There's no Oxford College of Emory waitlist thread so I thought I'd post it here because this might help you guys. I called the admissions office and they said they would post decisions at the end of next week. I don't know if it's different for Emory but that's when the Oxford decisions will be available.
  • bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,201 Senior Member
    @whatisgoingonmid : What's wrong with Tech for your field? Are you pre-biz?
    Yes, business. Emory is just the school I've always wanted to go to @bernie12
    Ehh. you'll be fine and you get to enter the b-school directly (unless you preferred the 2 year model) which I guess makes it harder or more pointless to transfer.
  • waitlisted2015waitlisted2015 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Seems like still no waitlist movement. At least none that anyone here knows about. And nothing on the admissions blog either. I am guessing this may not happen this year at all. So disappointing.
    edited May 2015
    @waitlisted2015 : I don't think the admissionsblog would ever report on the details of something such as the waitlist as it is perhaps in their best interest not to. Doing so could do more harm than good by putting people on more edge. In addition, if they were to pull people off at variable dates, that would definitely cause a panic for those who hear about it. I'm sure they just pull from it quietly if at all.

Unlike things like ED, Scholar, and RD decision release, things like transfer and waitlist are not static (one date) processes. Notice how the admissionsblog primarily serves as an infoblog for static processes like the ones I mention and of course as a marketing element. Things like waitlist and transfer decisions are unpredictable so they wouldn't bother. I don't know any school that does. I would imagine not many would.
  • ews761ews761 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I was accepted off the Oxford waitlist -- admissions office called this past Wednesday, the 20th, and when I returned the call the next day they asked if I was "still interested" (yes!), and then told me I was accepted! It was supposed to post in OPUS on Friday, but when it didn't, I was told it would post next Tuesday and that a financial aid package should post then too. They also said I have 3 days to accept, presumably after the FA posts.
  • thecoolboy1234thecoolboy1234 Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    @ews761 congratulations! I wonder if there is any movement on Emory College though
This discussion has been closed.