Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Waitlist Class of 2019

Replies to: Emory Waitlist Class of 2019

• zezhoulongzezhoulong Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    how does oxford college notify students admissions?
    through opus, calls, or mail?
  • SurajChaudharySurajChaudhary Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I believe they notify through all those, I think it varies. I know some kids got called, but I think they can also notify through other means as well. @zezhoulong
  • Music1786Music1786 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Has anyone heard back from Oxford yet or all we all still waiting?
  • oxford15oxford15 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Has anyone heard anything new about the waitlist?
  • dan213dan213 Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    So does Emory have to contact us by phone or email, if we want to know if we got accepted from the waitlist?
  • SurajChaudharySurajChaudhary Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I think they will contact us by phone or email once they've decided. I haven't heard anything new yet. I know the waiting game can be an awful experience but just try to have some fun in the meantime!
  • waitlisted2015waitlisted2015 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Silence for me. I am guessing my best chance at going to Emory may have to be as a transfer student next year. Oh well. I remain disappointed. I thought I did everything right in high school but I guess not. Maybe
  • bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,205 Senior Member
    @waitlisted2015 : If only it were that simple. Never take admissions decisions as a judgement of your HS record at schools where the admit rate is far below 50% because maybe over 1/2 of the applicant pool did "everything right".
  • aviditaavidita Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey guys!
    I got a call yesterday at around 12pm pacific time from the Admissions Office at Oxford College. I wasn't able to pick up but it had something to do with the waitlist. I called back this morning and sure enough I got off the waitlist at Oxford College!!
    DON'T GIVE UP HOPE YET!
    To be honest I never gave the waitlist much thought because my gpa was pretty bad. ( 3.49 unweighted and like my first semester sophomore year was a 2.3 unweighted) But they found something they liked in me. (Possibly the 850 hours of community service?)

Anyway bottom line is that they are still calling people about admission into Oxford College and possibly Emory College as well
  • mikm97mikm97 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! The exact same thing happened to me as @avidita. Not sure if I'll accept, but don't give up! It's surprising theyre still admitting this late, but that means there are still chances for all of you. Good luck!
  • zezhoulongzezhoulong Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    now my decision letter of oxford college is gone on Emory's OPUS.
    does it mean that they are changing it for the acceptance letter?
  • kungFuGuykungFuGuy Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    mine is gone too, i guess rejection letter is coming. :(
  • Stess1Stess1 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    My daughter got the call as well from Oxford. She has financial aid package but still has not received her acceptance letter.(California) Did they send your letter or place it on OPUS?
  • ugh212ugh212 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    So my online decision disappeared and now has reappeared... but it's the same wait list letter..

probaby got rejected because I haven't received a call... :((
  • oxford15oxford15 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    So I'm guessing you guys got the horrible email today. Oxford College has ended the waitlist process, offering positions on an extended waitlist (August 14). :((
This discussion has been closed.