Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Freshman Dorms

FrencktFrenckt Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
I was just accepted to Emory and it is definitely one of my top choices for next year! I just want to learn a little bit more about the environment in the dorms, specifically for freshmen. What is the general vibe of each dorm? Which ones are more social/quiet? Which ones are in the best locations? Which ones have the nicest rooms? etc.
Obviously these are all subjective questions, so any information is immensely helpful!

Replies to: Freshman Dorms

• MyOdysseyMyOdyssey Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    I would be interested in hearing about dormitory options for Oxford College of Emory freshmen.
  • comilovcomilov Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    @MyOdyssey‌ hope you don't mind me replying to you again. There are 4 residence halls located at Oxford: Haygood, JRC, Fleming, and Murdy&Elizer. And all 4 are open for freshman as the college reserves rooms in all 4. Fleming and Murdy&Elizer are by far the newest, nicest, and have the biggest rooms but Haygood and JRC can be made nice and comfortable with a little more effort. This link (http://oxford.emory.edu/life-at-oxford/housing/) has links to pages for all 4 residence halls with pictures, floor plans, and room dimensions if you're curious
This discussion has been closed.