Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Are Emory Pre Med students more likely to get into Emory School of Medicine than other students?

AmbitiousIBkidAmbitiousIBkid Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Does anyone have any statistics? Does the med school favor their own undergraduate students? Thank you so much.

Replies to: Are Emory Pre Med students more likely to get into Emory School of Medicine than other students?

• bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,293 Senior Member
    I think so, though they'd never admit it......based on how many people and who I've seen get in from Emory UG, there is something to it. Your interview chances, if your stats are okay are definitely increased (as they are familiar with the school and likely know when students have done well in courses with well-known and more rigorous pre-med professors).
  • thecoolboy1234thecoolboy1234 Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    Like Bernie mentioned above^ it does seem that Emory UG have a slight advantage for med school in the future. But thats not just for Emory, I assume its for all instituions.
This discussion has been closed.