Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Social Scene

2»

Replies to: Emory Social Scene

• aluminum_boataluminum_boat Registered User Posts: 1,539 Senior Member
    1) How rigorous is the workload (specifically for a business major) and does this leave time for partying, going to bars/clubs with friends, etc.? Also, can you describe in further detail the party/bar/club scene at Emory?

2) Do Emory students ever go to Georgia Tech football games? Coming from a northeast high school where football was HUGE, I always had so much fun watching the games and marching bands with my friends. I know Emory doesn't have a football team, so I was wondering if attending GA Tech football games is a "thing." Also, how is the school spirit at Emory?

3) I am a huge adventure seeker and the Atlanta weather seems perfect for an outdoor lover. Are there any fun adventure activities, like hiking, mountain biking, river tubing, white water rafting, etc. near Atlanta (or in the Georgia mountains)?

1. Yes. IDK how to describe it other than it exists like any other college. In the BSchool, you'll probably want to do things like that in order to mingle and interact with others.
    2. Not really. You can support the Falcons or UGA or GTech. But don't expect a crowd from Emory to head over to Tech every Saturday. I'd say students have more school spirit in that they support their classmates but not necessary the school itself. It's tough to explain, but I mean our allegiance is more to each other than to our institution.
    3. Yes, but you'll need a car or you'll need to join a club like Outdoor Emory. Stone Mountain is worth checking out, but not a place you want to go more than like once every 6-12 months.
    Outdoor Emory is cool. Tightknit group of people. About 8 Emory grads flew in to ATL last weekend and went on a hike together. Which was cool, considering they all made time to see each other and go for a hike even though they've graduated and moved on.
2»
This discussion has been closed.