Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for RD 2021

PoorqsPoorqs Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
edited December 2016 in Emory University
My stats are kinda low, and I decided to not apply for ED 2 because I wanted to go to UCLA instead if I got accepted.

SAT I: 1460/1600(740,720) super-scored, 1440/1600(720,720) in one sitting, essay is a 21/24(7/7/7)
GPA: 3.76 UW(It has an upwards trend, I got terrible grades freshman year)

I don't have a lot of AP classes because I go to a small private school and they don't offer very many, but I've taken all the ones I could.
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc AB, AP Physics I, AP Gov, Concurrent Credit(College Credit Classes) English, Anatomy and Physiology

Extracurriculars: ASB Vice President (Senior Year), Class Officer(Junior Year), Founder and VP of Bodybuilding club at school, Attended Evergreen Boys State, NHS Treasurer Senior Year(But nominated both years)

Awards: Haven't really gotten any except honor rolls and stuff like that

Work: I've worked as both cashier and waiter at my parent's restaurant since summer before Junior year, I work about 20 hours a week, 20 weeks a year.

Community Service: I've gone on a missions trip and I'm going on another one this year

Hooks: First generation college

P.S. I'm an Asian male from Washington state

Replies to: Chance me for RD 2021

• madameprezmadameprez Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I think emory is low reach because of your GPA, but emory is one of the colleges that truly looks at its applicants holistically, so you should have a chance if you have great essays.
This discussion has been closed.