Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How good is Emory for finding a job in Wall Street?

2»

Replies to: How good is Emory for finding a job in Wall Street?

• MrDiazMrDiaz Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    I am a senior and I keep having too many options that I cant decide. But I am an athlete who is trying to get recruited next year.
  • collegemom9collegemom9 Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    @MrDiaz I'm confused. You're a senior? ED deadlines have already passed...
  • bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,293 Senior Member
    You know what? Just apply to solid places good in several areas of interest. No need to be remotely decided yet. If you are going to consider STEM, courses like chemistry may need to be taken the first year, and you may want to take econ . if you want to consider a business program. Other majors are often flexible enough. If worse comes to worse, you can sample the survey or intermediate courses (if you use AP credits) leading to several majors as a first year just for fun. You don't need to figure it all out now, though having some idea of what you actually like academically and intellectually is probably going to make for better personal statements and supplements.
  • BiffBrownBiffBrown Registered User Posts: 452 Member
    @MrDiaz For high school students who are currently seniors, athletic recruiting typically would have taken place last year (junior year) or in the summer between junior and senior year. That's when students contact coaches and/or attend showcase events for their sports.
    im a junior who will be applying next year.
    but almost done with senior year. I enroll in a british school system.
  • ljberkowljberkow Registered User Posts: 488 Member
    You may want to temper your expectations for Wall Street or even anywhere in the US if you are not American. The environment is tough and many companies just do not sponsor foreign students. Emory's business school, Goizueta, is strong when it comes to international business.

What you want to do with respect to Emory is to have a discussion or at least an exchange of emails with the director or admissions or the assistant dean of admissions for Goizueta. They also advise the pre-business majors. The great thing about Emory is that you don't have to make your mind up right away but can try things in different areas and change majors or even double major. You have been given some really good advice here from current students and alumni, but speak to admissions people at Emory College and Goizueta.
2»