right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Goizueta Scholars Award

texas9999texas9999 1 replies1 threads New Member
Does anyone know how competitive this program is or what their admissions stats are? I'm really interested in it but don't know how realistic it is for me.
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Goizueta Scholars Award

• collegemom9collegemom9 823 replies30 threads Member
    It's very competitive and you won't have any idea if you're going to get it until you do. It's not based just on grades and scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • tchit87tchit87 144 replies21 threads Junior Member
    @collegemom9 Can you please elaborate? I would love to get into the Goziueta Scholars program as I am very interested in business. Could you speculate on my chances? I don't know if they care more about a focus on business activities or achievement in activities. I think I have the grades (5.0/5.3 GPA, 1550 SAT, 36 ACT, National Merit Scholar Semifinalist, National AP Scholar, 18 AP classes) but I also have business related ec's (Treasurer of Investment Club, Internship, Vice President of a business (through established program, not on my own :/), placed at DECA states, Investment competitions on my own) in addition to other ec's (Eagle Scout, volunteer at Animal Shelters, President of UNICEF club, Jazz Band and Marching Band). I have a heavy emphasis on finance in my application but not many high achievements.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom9collegemom9 823 replies30 threads Member
    edited October 2019
    @tchit87 I can't elaborate. That's kind of the point of my comment. No one is going to be able to tell you if you have a shot at being a Goizueta Scholar. You have to apply and then cross your fingers.
    ETA...you realize you can be in the Goizueta Business school and not be a scholar, right?
    edited October 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • goldmidnight7goldmidnight7 89 replies14 threads Junior Member
    Are internationals usually in the scholar's program?
    · Reply · Share
  • vibemangovibemango 32 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @goldmidnight7 they have small descriptions of the 22 Emory scholar winners from last year. None of them are international students but y’all international students have a chance! Just something I noticed though
    · Reply · Share
  • vibemangovibemango 32 replies4 threads Junior Member
    But the year before there were 3 internationals who got the Emory scholars winner spot!
    · Reply · Share
    Gotcha, thank you! Final question, is Emory still doing the early acceptance thing even if you weren't selected as a scholar?
    · Reply · Share
  • u392302u392302 53 replies2 threads Junior Member
    They did it last year, so I assume they're going to be doing it this year too.
    · Reply · Share
  • FoxRulzFoxRulz 257 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @goldmidnight7 What is the "early acceptance thing"? thanks
    · Reply · Share
    They give top RD applicants that weren't finalists acceptances. @FoxRulz
    · Reply · Share