Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
dell123dell123 Registered User Posts: 333 Member
edited August 2007 in Emory University
Greetings all,

I'm reviewing my Fall 07' schedule and I have a few Shuttle questions.

1. I have a class in White Hall and then a class at N. Decatur Bldg with only 15 minutes grace time.

You think it's possible to make it? Are there any shuttles from the front of White Hall that go up to N. Decatur or do they turn left onto Clifton right after the B school?

2. Am I correct in thinking that the E shuttle runs via Turman and passes the B school while turning onto Clifton? This would be the shuttle I need to take in the AM.

3. Am I correct in thinking that there are no shuttles via Turman to White Hall? I think only C and E run by Turman.

Many thanks,
bhd87
Post edited by dell123 on

Replies to: Shuttles

• amadaniamadani Registered User Posts: 522 Member
    when you refer to turman are you referencing new or old? I'll answer under the assumption that it is old turman.
    1. to get from white hall to N decatur building will take you less than 15 minutes. I would be surprised if it took ten. I don't think there is much of a rush. after looking at the routes @ http://www.epcs.emory.edu/alttransp/shuttles.html i don't think there is a shuttle that would help you save much time.

2. No. the E shuttle is Direct service from Clairmont Deck to the Emory Clinics, Law Sch, Business Sch, and N Decatur Bldg.

3. Yes there is no shuttle from turman to white hall. again, E doesn't make a stop at turman only C.

i think the best thing for you to do is take C from turman to the DUC and then walk to the remainder of your places. there is not much use for the shuttles when in the middle of campus. i think they would slow you down unless you need to go from main campus to turman or clairmont. other than that, walking would be your best option.
  • pugachevpugachev Registered User Posts: 176 Junior Member
    You're gonna need an electric scooter. Walking that in 15 minutes is not possible. I wouldn't be completely reliant on the shuttles either, especially if it's a small class with strict attendance policies.
  • dgeblldgebll Registered User Posts: 478 Member
    If you really have to walk that far, make sure your professor knows. They know that it's a little bit of a walk and won't count it against you attendance-wise. On the other hand, if you're an incoming freshman, you may not get the sections you want, so it could be a moot point.
  • dell123dell123 Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to let the Professor know. Anyone who says 15 is enough..hasn't done the walk!
This discussion has been closed.