Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

am i being reasonable?

please1please1 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
edited January 2008 in Emory University
Without considering anything else, do you think someone with a 3.3 unweighted gpa and 1330/1600 sat with sat twos : math1 750 and physics 600.....would get into emory? (no ap's)

Now what if this person has great everything else, like passions/hooks/essays/etc...?
Post edited by please1 on

Replies to: am i being reasonable?

• rodneyrodney Registered User Posts: 9,406 Senior Member
    Depends on rigor of curriculum and lots of other things, but you specifically say no ap's....Assuming they are offered at this "someone's" school, Emory's incoming class usually comes in with an average of 5-7 AP's.....IMO this would be a reach school....
  • SherBearSherBear Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    "without considering anything else" is not a formula that's gonna work with your stats.
    if you had a 1600/1600, then maybe.
    you really don't want a school that would NOT consider anything else anyway.
    right?
  • please1please1 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    yea you're right.

and yea ap's are offered at my school but i did not take any...but i took the highest classes offered which are close to honors classes they are accelerated. my school has different levels like lever 1 is easiest (for mentally retarded people), level 2 is for pretty slow people level 3 is for average people and level 4 is for acceleraed preparation..then comes honors and ap.
This discussion has been closed.