Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

new EDII release date?

2»

Replies to: new EDII release date?

• jillkjillk Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    oh well...31 more hours though...hang in there guys!
  • jmizz20jmizz20 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Hopefully it will be up tomorrow at midnight. I think that is what will end up happening. I know you guys are just as anxious as I am! Good luck!
  • SherBearSherBear Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    my guess?
    after a grueling decision making process, the good folks at emory want a weekend off.
    releasing the results now would guarantee a frantic friday for those hard working adcoms.
    this way, they can put the thing to bed, so to speak, when they leave for the day on friday--have a re****l weekend, and come in on monday energized and ready to deal with the barrage of phone calls.
    obviously a number of apps were waitlisted; hence the comments about the waitlist on the site.
    the school is opting for saturday decisions for the applicants, too.
    friday is a school day, and if kids learn they've been denied or waitlisted, they have to go through the school day pretty messed up.
    let's all hope that we hear good news.
    good luck.
  • js1091js1091 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Perhaps since they have clearly already made their decisions we will be able to call up and ask if we got accepted? It's worth a shot, but I shot' not being the guinea pig!
  • SherBearSherBear Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    i swear i wrote "have a relaxed weekend"; no idea what happened above.
    sorry
  • comexflyxawaycomexflyxaway Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    haha "have a re****l weekend". i was trying to figure out what that word was. anyway, don't call. they hate that. you guys can stick it out another 18 hours. good luck!
  • julienfjulienf Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    ANOTHER new time? this one is from an e-mail that I got:

"The Office of Admission at Emory University has completed its review of the Early Decision 2 candidates. Decisions will be mailed on February 1, 2008, via U.S. Postal Service. Additionally, we are excited to announce that we will be releasing decisions online, via the OPUS system. Decisions will be posted by 6:00 pm on Friday, February 1. Please note that decisions will be available to view online until February 14."

3 more hours(?)!
2»
This discussion has been closed.