Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fall '08 Transfers - Where are you living?

mack7mack7 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
edited July 2008 in Emory University
Where is everyone's housing assignment??
Post edited by mack7 on

Replies to: Fall '08 Transfers - Where are you living?

• pandab50pandab50 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    im in woodruff in a single. I really did want a roomate but oh well. at least im in a really nice dorm :)
  • mack7mack7 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I'm in Turman... I heard it's pretty awful. I'm debating a room change, but I don't know if it's worth the trouble.
  • tedted Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Panda, did you fill out the SYE thing to get into woodruff? I wasn't really sure if it was neccessary at this point, but I should probably go ahead and do it.
  • robbygrobbyg Registered User Posts: 320 Member
    Oh lord! Request a room transfer!! You'll have a great experience regardless of where you're living, but they're still shuffling people around in Woodruff/Alabama/Trimble, so try and get out of Turman (North/East). South Turman is fine (apartments). Filling out a room change form on MyHousing takes 2 seconds, and its no trouble for the 'housing people' (as it's their job to try and adjust your living arrangements to best fit your needs/desires)
  • scarolina22scarolina22 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    what is so awful about turman north? besides that it's far away from campus. i'm debating whether or not to request a room change
  • pandab50pandab50 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    ted, i didnt fill out anything for SYE, just the normal housing application
  • sarge1sarge1 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Is it too late to get into Alabama or one of the other better ones?
    I'm waiting on my financial aid package right now. So I haven't even started the housing. Will I have very limited options? Also, for fall classes, am I way behind for that as well? It kind of sucks that I will get everyone's leftovers. But I guess it's all good as long as housing is guarenteed.

side question: do I need to pay the $450 deposit before they send me my fin. aid package or should the package arrive soon (I got my decision today).

Thanks.
  • wogus86wogus86 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Turman East/North = No personal bathroom/sink.
This discussion has been closed.