Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
ahhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhh Registered User Posts: 490 Member
edited July 2008 in Emory University
Okay, so I will be a freshman this fall. I was wondering how everyone is getting there. Here is my dilemma:

I will be arriving on campus on Aug 18th or Crossroads. I was planning on flying there but just realized that there are no non-stop flight from my town to Atlanta. I have to be there a 8-10 on Monday. The earliest flight will get me there around 9 something and I have to take the taxi to campus. I was just wondering how you guys manage to get to campus on time. Are you guys arriving a day earlier and staying in a hotel, or do you all have flights before 9.
Post edited by ahhhhhhhhhh on

Replies to: Flights

• wogus86wogus86 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Ok, first of all RELAX!! Being late to a place where you will be held hostage for the next four years is not that big of a deal. I am sure you will LOVE Crossroads since it is after all, a wonderful experience you will never forget. Although they say arrive between 8 and 10, they will allow a couple hours for you to settle down. (Notice how Departure is at 11:30 and check in starts at 8:30)

If because of ANY reason, you think you will arrive later than expected, then call 404.727.6754 or e-mail Marc Cordon ( [email protected] ) (Did you know you can e-mail people through Learnlink by just typing in their names in the To. bar?)

I hope you enjoy Crossroads and welcome to Emory!!

PS. The "are you guys..." is unlikely because I am surprised to see a Crossroad person in CC Discussions haha... they are rare after all. Don't bother spending 300 dollars to change the date of the flight + hotel... I just don't think that's efficient. Just contact Marc and see what he can do... and yes, he can do many things =)
  • robbygrobbyg Registered User Posts: 320 Member
    I LOVEd Crossroads!! You're going to want to pay the money for a taxi that morning though, so that you don't feel as rushed... question though: you're bringing everything you need for the year on a plane? cuz that would be some impressive packing ;)
This discussion has been closed.