Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Got Off The Waitlist

collegekid1988collegekid1988 Registered User Posts: 870 Member
edited May 2005 in Emory University
GOT OFF THE WAITLIST HOLLLLLAAA. Just for everyone's information, the lady said I was one of 10 ppl that is being offered a spot off the waitlist. I will be unfortunately turning it down as I am attending Cornell.
Post edited by collegekid1988 on

Replies to: Got Off The Waitlist

• shapshap Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    What are your stats? When and how did you hear from the admission office?
  • collegekid1988collegekid1988 Registered User Posts: 870 Member
    It was realllly strange, I also got a call this past friday, asking if I "would like to be reevaluated from the waitlist." I had an idea that this was Emory's way of screening me to see if I was still interested before offering me a spot. BTW, my stats are as follows and you can see that me like a lot of ppl was waitlisted b/c emory didn't think we were coming, and I showed NO interest watsoever, did not write a letter after my waitlist, did not have my GC call, NOTHING. LOOK what happened, i guess, life is pretty funny sometimes.!

1450 SAT I, 750, 740, 750 SAT IIs
  • shapshap Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    My son would really like to go to Emory. His stats are:
    SATI: 1480
    SAT II: 750 Math, 740 Biology, 720 Writing

He feels like his world has shattered and I am not sure how to help him. I guess luck plays some role here as well.
  • cookiemonstercookiemonster Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    wait, so you let admissions reevaluate you, and take you off the waitlist even though you were already going to cornell?
    I had no clue what their "reevaluation" meant. I told the person on the phone that I am going to attend Cornell, and the person said to wait 24 hours to let us know, to make an "informed" decision. I was like ok.
    I just DECLINED my offer of admission from Emory. Good luck to everyone.
  • sabnetworksabnetwork Registered User Posts: 269 Junior Member
    Yeah, I got a screening call too.

"Would you like to remain on the waitlist at Emory?"
    "Yeah, of course."
    "Well, in that case, I'd like to offer you admission to Emory College!"

I'm still going to WashU. Thanks for the trophy, Emory!

P.S. Before you start flaming me for accepting a waitlist position that I'm not serious about, remember that my spot is withdrawn after 24 hours-- I'm not stealing anything from anyone.
    same hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~!
  • hilary6hilary6 Registered User Posts: 770 Member
    i havent heard of a single person who got rejected from emory...just a miillion waitlists. but im sure theyre taking more than 10 ppl since we already have 2 on CC haha

i always figured that waitlist pretty much = rejection, but i guess not! ive heard of quite a few ppl getting off waitlists at colleges everywhere... hmm

also--sabnetwork, what made you choose washu over emory? im looking at those 2 as well
This discussion has been closed.