Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help! Chances of transferring to Emory

CmichalCmichal Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited April 2009 in Emory University
I am seriously considering transferring to Emory U this fall. I picked Emory because I love the school, and its undergrad business program is among the best. I'm just really nervous because it is really the only school I am interested in transferring to, so its kinda all or nothing! Here is my information.

University of Tennessee- Knoxville, Honors student, 3.7 GPA, Top 15% (or higher, I'm not sure)
ACT: 32
SAT: Math 630, Reading 610, Writing 640...or somewhere around that)
HS GPA: 3.8 (with honors classes and dual-enrollments at a community college)
Graduated Top 10% (my HS was pretty competitive, always produces a lot of national merits, etc)
Captain of HS dance team
Attended Governor's School for Internation Studies summer after sophomore year (selective program- I think only 11% got in) and received 6 hours of college credit
Also, I took the Mensa Home Test and was invited to take the real test (if you score in 95th percentile)..but not sure if this should go on my App?

Note- Yes, I realize my SAT is not the best, but I only took it once. Also, my PSAT score was in the 98 percentile (so ALMOST a National Merit!) should I include that on the application?

Anyone with info on Emory/what's important to them, or anyone who will give me an honest assessment is greatly appreciated. I am swimming in finals right now, so this is possibly the worst time to be worried about transferring, but I guess that's how life usually goes!
Post edited by Cmichal on

Replies to: Help! Chances of transferring to Emory

This discussion has been closed.