Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory's waitlist is ACTIVE?!

Replies to: Emory's waitlist is ACTIVE?!

• cpierscpiers Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    oh and cpiers I really hope you get in!

Thanks but I'm getting less optimistic. I'm never, never the person who gets the good news. Always let down. Sigh.
  • madirocksmadirocks Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    ^ haha same here...I feel the same way =/ but oh well...I am happy regardless lol

@beccacheetah don't get me wrong...Emory is an AWESOME school but I just don't think any school is worth paying the sticker price of 50kish...but that's just my worthless two cents xD
  • han9427520han9427520 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Hey College, congrats on your acceptance!

Besides taking urself off the financial aid list, did u send in any additional documents? like a letter of interest??

thx! and congrats again!
  • Colleges00701Colleges00701 - Posts: 1,790 Senior Member
    ^^^ thanks for the advice madirocks...I think I will ask them to do that...

^^ guys I am used to not having good news unitl today!...I had 2 acceptances out of 14 rejections/waitlists..until today...you never know, you guys might still get in..
    Yeah, I wonder how they're looking at waitlistees... demonstrated interest? Additional info? 'Cause I did all of that... =P
  • bluebayoubluebayou Registered User Posts: 25,975 Senior Member
    colleges:

Have you checked the finaid tab on OPUS? Does it show any $? But, definitely appeal for finaid. The worst thing that will happen is that they say, 'sorry, our budget is all used up...'; but at least then you and your family can make an informed call.

Good luck.
    ^^^ I started contacting adcoms that I have met at an interview I conducted(they onlly interview some kids, in specfic areas of the country), basically I sent them emails asking them questions about Programs at Emory that I was interested in...I sent in an additional teacher rec from senior year, additional counselor rec, updated transcript, an "interest letter", along with emails to their senior adcoms....the senior adcoms were really nice, they responded promptly to my questions, and gave me advice abouit Emory's waitlist....There was this article that someone on cc referred to me, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL, I FOLLOWED ITS ADVICE TO THE LINE....

Five Ways to Survive the April College Crunch - Class Struggle - Jay Mathews on Education

^^^ thats pretty much all I did....
    ^^ thanks bluebayou, I don't have anything on finanicial aid on opus...I will call them tomm..
    Colleges00701, I looked at your chances thread from way back (yes, I'm a stalker), and I saw that we have about the same SAT, about the same ranking, equivalent ECs, but your GPA is a lot higher....
    Also, I think it's ironic how you were once "the kid with no acceptances" but now you're going to your top school! Congrats!
    ^^^ thanks, well if everything is about the same, you deserve to get in as well....let us know if you get off the waitist, my bad, WHEN you get off the waitlist lol..
    This is nerve-wracking... waiting... and waiting....
    I wish I could get in... I have a 3.7/4.2 GPA, 2200 SAT, involved in many interesting ECs, and I got all As last semester... I don't understand what I'm missing? I even sent in a creative letter telling Emory that I would definitely go if accepted... No offense to Oxford students, but I could have just slacked off in high school and gotten a 3.0 and 1900 and still have gotten into Oxford....
  • hawhuy2009hawhuy2009 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    that stinks. me too, but my stats aren't quite as high as yours. maybe there are too many people from your area or race because waitlists are supposed to round out the class.
  • kk127kk127 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    cpiers: you and I are in the same boat.

I, too, am going to Oxford and feel that I could have just slacked off in high school and gotten poor sats and grades and still have gotten into Oxford.

I hope that you get off the waitlist; if not, I will see you in Oxford (if I don't get off a certain waitlist).
    that stinks. me too, but my stats aren't quite as high as yours. maybe there are too many people from your area or race because waitlists are supposed to round out the class.

I guess that could be why... two other people in my school are going to Emory, they are of the same gender and race as I am, and they applied ED....
This discussion has been closed.