Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory's waitlist is ACTIVE?!

13»

Replies to: Emory's waitlist is ACTIVE?!

• krisjesskrisjess Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    To many, Oxford is a backdoor admittance to Emory. Cleary it is easier to get in that Emory - however, lots of kids have been happy with a transition between the two schools. It's an entirely different experience no doubt, but don't underestimate the Oxford education. The great grades u all have may be worthy of an elite school, but sometimes we all need to do things in an unusual way to get ahead. Emory offers a couple of ways to get through Emory. I'm surprised more 'Elite' schools haven't come up with this sort of diverse learning. For all of you with the great grades going to Oxford, you'll be the big fish in the small (very small) pool. EVERYONE going to Oxford is capable though, so don't look down too much.
  • ImReachingForItImReachingForIt Registered User Posts: 369 Member
    Is the waitlist still active?...
  • stevenashstevenash Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I got admitted today and I need ridiculous amounts of financial aid so... it definitely is need-based blind
  • hawhuy2009hawhuy2009 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    are you going? the waitlist is supposed to conclude june 1st. if it ends before, i'm pretty sure they would notify everyone.
  • patience1patience1 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    did you get off wailist what are ure stats thanks
  • stevenashstevenash Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Going to have to wait until I get my financial aid package to decide, but I would like to go.

Non-Ranking Rigorous Private School
    89.93/100
    34 ACT / 2150 SAT (unsubmitted)
    Emory - Waitlist/Accepted
    UT - Waitlist/Accepted
    USC - Rejected
    Lehigh - Accepted
    NYU - Waitlist
    Tulane - Accepted
13»
This discussion has been closed.