Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory dorm help!

ladygirlladygirl Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Emory University
I'm going to be a sophmore transfer student and I wanted to know which dorm was better- Alabama or Woodruff? I know Alabama is in the center of campus but I wanted to know which one was nicer and which one you recommend.

Thank you
Post edited by ladygirl on

Replies to: Emory dorm help!

• rer678rer678 Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Both dorms are pretty nice for sophomores, and it is true that Alabama is more centrally located. However, I'd recommend Woodruff simply because a lot more students live there. As I recall Alabama only has around 40 rooms, whereas Woodruff is pretty massive. My guess is that as a transfer student, you'll have a lot more opportunities to meet people in your building if you live in Woodruff. But like I said, both dorms are very nice so you really can't go wrong either way.
  • ladygirlladygirl Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    alright thanks
  • gkc4gkc4 Registered User Posts: 385 Member
    I doubt there are rooms available in Alabama, I'm living there this coming year and it is one of the first buildings to fill up.... but I guess you've already chose Wooddruff!
  • robbygrobbyg Registered User Posts: 320 Member
    Woodruff!! Practically half of the sophomore class lives there, and especially as a transfer student, it'll be really easy to adjust/meet other ppl!
This discussion has been closed.