ACT: 31 (29R, 29E, 34M, 30S) essay:10 i no it's not that great
SAT 2s: taking Math 1, Math 2, and Chem in October. I'll probably only send Math 2 and Chem. Been getting 770+ on Math 2 practices and 700+ on Chem practices.
IB Diploma Candidate
Rank: 8/324 as of 5/7/09
GPA UW: 3.9
GPA W: 4.975
Pre IB World History B/A
Pre IB Biology A/A
Pre IB French 2 B/A
Journalism 2 A/A
Research I/II (Physics H) A/A
Pre IB English 1 B/B
MAC 2311 Calc 1 A
AP Calc AB A/A
Pre IB Chem A/A
AP Stats A/A
Pre IB French 3 A/A
AP US govt/VPS A/A
IB Computer Studies 1 A/A
AP English Lang A/A
AP Art History A/A
MAC 2312 Calc 2 A
ECO 2013 Macroecon A
IB Math Methods 2 SL A/A
IB Computer Studies 2 SL A/A
AP/IB English Lit SL A/A
IB Chem SL A/A
IB French 4 B SL - year 1 B/B I HATE FRENCH AND MY TEACHER IS BIAS!!! >
IB American History SL A/A
Research 6/IB TOK A/A
AP Micro A
MAC 2313 Calc 3 A
MAP 2302 Diff Eq A
IB Math HL
Discrete Math/Graph Theory
IB English HL
IB Chem HL
IB French SL - year 2
IB History of the Americas HL (yes 4 HL... what was I thinking lol)
- September 07- December 07 AP Statistics tutor
Reason for leaving: It interfered with extra curricular activities and school work.
- June 08 November 08 Lifeguard
- Group head in Freshmen Class Council: In charge of creating the float, which placed 3rd.
- Sophomore Class Council - Sergeant-at-Arms
- Junior Class council
- Group head in Project Earth- Recycling Program.
- Delegate for Mu Alpha Theta.
- Envirothon Captain
- Treasurer for Leukemia Inspired Fundraising Events (L.I.F.E.) club
- Treasurer for National Honor Society
- Created and President of ACE (Anti-Cheating Effort)
- Big Brother and Big Sister Program participant (10): purpose of program is to motivate potential drug abusers, potential gang members, etc. under the age of 12 to use the alternative path and encourage him or her to be a good student along with an all around good person.
- Varsity Swimmer (9,10,11): accomplishments: qualifier for district and county meets
- Varsity Water polo (10,11)
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math team/honor society) (9,10,11): accomplishments- attended state competition, received top score in the pre-calculus individual round at the state competition, qualified for team round at the state competition.
-Subjects competed in: 9th- Pre-calculus, 10th- Statistics and Calculus, 11th- Calculus
- Volunteer Tutor (Algebra 1 (H), Geometry (H), Algebra 2 (H), Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, Calculus H, AP Statistics, and Statistics H) (10,11)
- French Club (10)
- Project Earth (9,10,11)
- Florida Math League participant (9,10,11)
- AMC 10 participant (9,10)
- AMC 12 participant (11)
- Envirothon (10,11) Won 5th place overall in 2008.
- Money collector for a school competition- Class that collects the most change in 2 weeks wins. All money went to help poverty in Africa. Sacrificed my lunch period for 2 weeks collecting change. (9)
- Accepted to Law Week 2008 Selected students were accepted to have a tour of the West Palm Beach court house and learn more about the way trials work.(10)
- Nominated for the National Honor Society (10,11)
- Lifeguard (10,11)
- AP scholar with distinction since 2008- average AP score of 3.5 or higher and have at least 5 AP exams with a score of 3 or higher (10)
- Recruited onto the Palm Beach Community College math team (11). Won 3rd place individually at the State Competition.
- Top singer at Freeform (11) A local talent show in the county that has been recognized for displaying the most talented performers.
- Princeton Book Award
I have a FANTASTIC rec from my english teacher I had for both freshmen and junior year. I went from getting Bs in her class freshmen year to all As junior year and an A on my IB internal assessment. She is like my best friend and she went to Brown, UVA, and UMichgan.
I went through a lot my junior year. Including finding out about an affair my dad had with many many people, which was an issue even after we found out. he got caught 3 more times after. Also, i almost moved midyear, which caused stress and some how we got called by the Department of child services saying i was getting beaten and I wasn't... It was strange, but more stress. Threat that my brother had cancer. more stress...
FANTASTIC rec from my guidance counselor! I love her!! lol.