Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

chances fall 2010

mets2000mets2000 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Emory University
SAT 1910: 530 read 740 math 640 write
ACT 27: 34 Math 22 read 25 english 25 science
ACT 27: 32 Math 25 read 25 english 26 science

GPA: 4.278

what is the chance...
Post edited by mets2000 on

Replies to: chances fall 2010

• ImReachingForItImReachingForIt Registered User Posts: 369 Member
    Eh... Not much?
    Are you an URM?
  • mets2000mets2000 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    What do you mean by a URM?
    What I meant to say is do I have a chance based on standardized test scores...was your response in reference to my chance or the fact that I have to post more stats?
  • gabby1116gabby1116 Registered User Posts: 498 Member
    URM= Under Represented Minority
  • Colleges00701Colleges00701 - Posts: 1,790 Senior Member
    an under represented minority is someone who is African American, Hispanic American, or Native American
    No I am a white American from NJ
    dude just get your sats scores up (or act whichever one you prefer)....I had a 1950 on my Sats my first time, then the second time I got a 2200.....just work towards your score, show interest in Emory, write good essays, and you would be compeitive...also wats your class rank, even though Emory says they "don't look at class rank", it doesn't hurt to have a beastly class rank.....and we need more info, like your extracurricular activities to chance you......
    Well he wants a chance based soley on his standardized test scores. What I meant by "Not much" is you don't have much of a chance.

Out of curiosity - Could applicants/students from under represented countries, for example Romania, be considered URMs?
  • afitscherafitscher Registered User Posts: 1,181 Senior Member
    SAT I got in with a 1900 so you'll be fine just make sure your resume has awards and activies like mine did. Leadership is big so is interest. Just rock your why emory essay
    okay sweet so basically I have an alright chance, but a better chance with a great essay and overall application...thanks
    I doubt it, I don't think people who have immigrated from under represneted countries will be given urm status, now if they still live in Romania then they are internationals....but I guess if they are a U.S. citizen living in an under represented country it could help the app a little bit...
    oh yeah if anyone would like to respond....I have gotten a 660 on math II and a 670 on chemistry-- should I retake these or just go with it?
    660 on math II normally doesn't look that great compared to the 800s or near 800s that most people get. As for chemistry, i think it'd be safe to just be in the 700+ zone. So, I think it would be a good idea to retake them :)
This discussion has been closed.