Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please help! I need to make up my mind...

spence113spence113 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Emory University
Ok heres my situation:

I live in GA and I got waitlisted at Emory.. I think I will switch my app to Oxford
I also got into Smith (yay!!) and got waitlisted at UNC (my #1)

Both my parents are older and one needs medical care...should I stay in GA (if I get accepted to Oxford) to be nearer to them if something happens or go ahead and accept Smith??

I know Smith is an amazing school, but Boston isnt exactly close to Atlanta! What would you do??

Thanks in advance..
Post edited by spence113 on

Replies to: Please help! I need to make up my mind...

  • ncmentorncmentor Registered User Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    what do your parents say?
  • kitkatkatiekitkatkatie Registered User Posts: 474 Member
    I would transfer your app to oxford and see what happens.... I'm sure your parents would want you to go to your best choice school, but if it's a question of you being truly needed at home, or a dire medical circumstance that is threatening life, then staying in GA might be the best bet. I think you should tell you parents how important it is that you want to help out, and THEN ask what they think. Tell them how you feel about the schools, and let them help you decide.

    An internet forum really isn't the place for this decision. Talk to your parents and really be honest. Go with your gut on this one, not what I, or anyone else, say.
  • spence113spence113 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    Thanks! My parents want me to stay in GA and its not a medical emergency, they would just feel more comfortable if I was closer to them
    I am really just happy to have Smith as an option but I think, as long as I get into Oxford, I would go with Emory.
  • Beretta9mmBeretta9mm Registered User Posts: 599 Member
    ^Good choice.
This discussion has been closed.