Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

National Merit Notification

aireginairegin Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Emory University
I selected Emory as my top choice school for the National Merit, but under my financial aid package, they didn't include the $2000 for being a finalist and choosing Emory.

I did recieve the Liberal Arts Scholarship and the Georgia Hope Scholarship (residency rocks!), but I was surprsied that that was it.

Should I call Emory?
Post edited by airegin on

Replies to: National Merit Notification

• purpledancepurpledance Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I also have a question regarding this. When is the absolute last day you can change your top choice school?
  • kitkatkatiekitkatkatie Registered User Posts: 474 Member
    ^^^^^^^ Before you get an offer from NMSC or another school. You can only get one offer.
  • Cali4niaCali4nia Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    The form says April 28th, or 29th, I believe. So I think it allows for people to see which schools they get into, and then decide accordingly.
  • keikoblue2keikoblue2 Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    What if we don't have our ID or the little yellow sheet? I didn't fill out a college when I submitted my application. After becoming a finalist, I selected another college. Can I still change it now?
  • kitkatkatiekitkatkatie Registered User Posts: 474 Member
    ^^^^ go to your school's guidance office, and they should have the number on file, as well as an extra card or two. I would make a copy of the card and fax it in.

the numbers you need are also at the tops of any letters they've sent you.

you can still change it, but I would fax the card in ASAP before you get another offer.
    OK thanks!! I'll do that ASAP tomorrow.
    Oh btw... does this count as a scholarship?
    Will Emory reduce the grant by $2000, or can we use this to reduce our loans?
This discussion has been closed.