Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

chinese placement exam

canadianflowercanadianflower Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2010 in Emory University
I got AP chinese credit.

After I took the chn placement exam, I got placed into Chinese 301, but this class is already full. I wonder if it is mandatory that I go to the class that's placed; Chinese 201 is still available, I want to take that one. But if got placed into Chinese 301, will the teacher know about it and not let me take the 201 class?

Thanks.
Post edited by canadianflower on

Replies to: chinese placement exam

• dgeblldgebll Registered User Posts: 478 Member
    You may want to email the director of undergraduate studies in the department if you aren't able to get a definitive answer on here. As with all classes, it may open up between now and the end of add/drop/swap. Oftentimes, professors will overload you into classes if you simply send them an email or make an appointment to stop by their office.

East Asian Studies Program | Faculty
  • nerdy_kidnerdy_kid Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Is it mandatory to follow the placement?
  • dgeblldgebll Registered User Posts: 478 Member
    If that was directed to me, I have no idea. Again, might be something to ask the DUS if you aren't able to get a satisfactory answer on here. The DUS's (each department has one) job is to answer questions like this!
  • collegestu816collegestu816 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    But if got placed into Chinese 301, will the teacher know about it and not let me take the 201 class?

Just sign up for 201 if you don't mind taking the easier class. If the prof does look at and know your placement test scores and wants to kick you out and move you up to 301, she'll have to overload you into the class. Either way, you win...
This discussion has been closed.