Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UoOregon UIC or UoA ?

boboeatscookieboboeatscookie Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited March 2011 in Engineering Majors
Hey guys im planning to take chem engineering coming fall and i've been accepted to UIC , UoA , UoO ,linfield and pacific luther, some schools have 3-2 engineering programs and some have 4 years plan ... which one do u think is the best option for chem eng ?
Post edited by boboeatscookie on

Replies to: UoOregon UIC or UoA ?

• boneh3adboneh3ad Forum Champion Engineering Posts: 7,394 Forum Champion
    You probably need to clarify what each of those schools actually is. The way you have it is ambiguous.
  • GLOBALTRAVELERGLOBALTRAVELER Registered User Posts: 2,892 Senior Member
    If you mentioned U-Oregon, I don't think that school has engineering.
  • noimaginationnoimagination Registered User Posts: 7,054 Senior Member
    The University of Oregon doesn't offer engineering. Oregon State does.
  • boboeatscookieboboeatscookie Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    U-oregon , U illinois :chicago , u-arizona if that's what u mean

U-oregon doesnt have engineering have it has 3-2 engineering program .. i can get a BA in physics or chem in 3 years then transfer to an engineering school like oregon state for another 2 year and get BS in engineering

only UIC and UoA has the 4 year engineering plan but i hear a lot of engineering students dont graduate in 4 years .. I was wondering which school would be the best place to study chem eng ..
  • boneh3adboneh3ad Forum Champion Engineering Posts: 7,394 Forum Champion
    Arizona is the best on that in regards to rankings and peer respect. The engineering program there is pretty good. I don't know much about Chemical Engineering though.
  • jdong92jdong92 Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    Why don't you just go to Oregon State?
  • GLOBALTRAVELERGLOBALTRAVELER Registered User Posts: 2,892 Senior Member
    Why don't you just go to Oregon State?

After reading more into these 3-2 programs, I think it is better to go to a school that offers engineering. I think that probably the Math/CS major is the only type of major that can be done at a LAS since one can just about construct a CS major out of a Math degree.
  • LakeWashingtonLakeWashington Registered User Posts: 9,299 Senior Member
    Search past threads about the 3/2 option. It's not universally liked. Many enrollees ultimately don't bother to transfer to get the engineering degree.

On the other hand, with your B.S. in Physics, Chemistry or Math you could geet a M.S. in Engineering with only 1 year of coursework at some universities.
  • boboeatscookieboboeatscookie Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    i didnt get into oregon state for some reason =[ and im still waiting for san jose state ....
    i got good scholarships from linfield and plu(both LAS) therefore im considering the 3-2 programs ...

LakeWashington .. do you know any schools that offer 1 year M.S. programs with B.S. in Physics/Chem ? and will it affect my internships or experiences during my undergrad year when im not in a eng major ?
This discussion has been closed.