Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

taking advantage of mit,UC,GT lectrures.

YYaaSSeeRRYYaaSSeeRR Registered User Posts: 287 Junior Member
edited February 2013 in Engineering Majors
hi all
what can an engineering student do if his college is not as good as MIT for example??
would the lectures on Youtube make it up for him??
how about the Khan academy and stuff like that??
what about labs??

I met some 1 in the past who learned Java,C++ from his home without even going to college.

can all engineering students be as excellent,smart student as MIT ones, regardless the college they attend??

best;
Post edited by YYaaSSeeRR on

Replies to: taking advantage of mit,UC,GT lectrures.

• aerokid1491aerokid1491 Registered User Posts: 380 Member
    Learning to program is easy to learn at home because of books and so many available online resources, by the way.

Also, I am sure these videos would never hurt if your school's education wasn't adequate enough. Also, I don't believe people can be as "excellent,smart" students as ones at MIT. From what I know about kids at MIT, not all of them are super smart but many of them are passionate about what they do and fantastic workers. I think due to their passion and work ethic, many people can't excel as much as many MIT students. However, you will still find plenty of students at any university with the passion and work ethic an MIT student has, so of course it is possible.

Anyways, I don't know why you worry about these things. You just need to do YOUR BEST, regardless of where you end up for school. This will allow you to excel in life and open up opportunities for you. No need to compare yourself to anyone else.
  • blahblah9393blahblah9393 - Posts: 606 Member
    I met some 1 in the past who learned Java,C++ from his home without even going to college.
    What? Learning a programming language isn't computer science.
    can all engineering students be as excellent,smart student as MIT ones, regardless the college they attend??

All engineering students? No. There are people who attend other universities other than MIT who are really smart. Also, intelligence isn't the only important factor in success, so you're somewhat misguided.
This discussion has been closed.