Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What engineering field if any?

PPowers7PPowers7 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited February 2013 in Engineering Majors
Hi I am a sophomore in high school and I am looking into the engineering field very fervently but I am very unsure what I want to pursue. I am a very good math student, taking Pre-calc this year AP Calc 1 junior year then most likely post secondary math senior year. I find biomedical engineering very interesting but I am concerned about the lack of jobs and demand for this major and I don't like that I will most likely need a graduate degree to even get an entry level job in this field. I don't really like hands on things such as building and things of that nature. Should I even consider a degree in engineering or should I pursue something else? I find the medical aspect of biomed engineering very interesting which is why I have looked into this. I also considered doing undergrad in Chem Engineering then specializing in grad school after I have a job and specialize in something due to on job experiences. What route would be the best for me and is engineering right for me. I live in Ohio so Ohio State is my top option for undergrad school at this point. Thanks for any help in advance!
Post edited by PPowers7 on

Replies to: What engineering field if any?

• PPowers7PPowers7 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Also another option I just had would be to major in Engineering Physics at OSU specializing in chemical and biomolecular engineering then specializing even further in grad school.
  • aerokid1491aerokid1491 Registered User Posts: 380 Member
    Engineering for most people will be more design than hands on things, but when you go through grad school, I think you do more experiments and more scientific stuff like that, which is hands on. But for undergrad, you will have a few labs related to engineering and then most of the time you will learn theoretical aspects to engineering.
This discussion has been closed.