right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Purdue, RPI or Casewestern

TidoasksTidoasks 2 replies3 threads New Member
edited April 21 in Engineering Majors
Hi, My son wants to pursue aerospace/aeronautical engineering. Only got accepted into Purdue, Case Western and RPI for fall 2020, though none of these are his top choices. We need to decide with what we have. Please share your thoughts/suggestions to help us make our decision. Thanks.
edited April 21
7 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Purdue, RPI or Casewestern

• clubtennisletsgoclubtennisletsgo 18 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I believe CWRU has a good connection with NASA -NASA Glenn Research Center?
    What is important to you and your son?
    · Reply · Share
  • colorado_momcolorado_mom 9493 replies83 threads Senior Member
    Those are some excellent schools. How do they compare on student preference, cost, ease of transportation? My son was accepted at Case and RPI, and we liked both campus tours. I've also heard and read good things about Purdue.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 10434 replies123 threads Senior Member
    Purdue is the cradle of astronauts. 25 astronauts were Purdue grads, including Neil Armstrong. Can't be beat for aero engineering. My D did some shadowing at NASA Glenn and when she was introduced as a Purdue engineering, 1/2 the leadership team in the meeting yelled "Boiler Up!"

Case wasn't on my D's list but RPI was. She felt Purdue had better resources and facilities. Purdue is very strong with internships, co-ops, and career readiness.

Very well run university. We've been extremely pleased and Purdue has far exceeded our expectations.

· Reply · Share
  • TidoasksTidoasks 2 replies3 threads New Member
    Thank you! He is indeed leaning towards Purdue and we are happy to see your response.
    · Reply · Share
  • eyemgheyemgh 5786 replies124 threads Senior Member
    He can't go wrong with any of those. They all have strengths and like all schools, they all have weaknesses. All schools do. He should go with his gut as long as it is within your budget.
    · Reply · Share
  • LakeWashingtonLakeWashington 8930 replies483 threads Senior Member
    Agree with Eyemgh. I am very familiar with RPI and have been on campus a few times. Great resources. Only complain is that the campus is a load of bricks. Not much green. Great programs nonetheless.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 2255 replies28 threads Senior Member
    Purdue! Vibrant university experience as well as great academics.

· Reply · Share