right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Should I major in engineering

stjimmy2600stjimmy2600 21 replies8 threads- New Member
edited January 2005 in Engineering Majors
hi
I am Interested in engineering but don't know if it is for me.
I like Technology and love math and science but am also very good at english and social studies. well i don't like tinkering (more of a book person) but think I want to apply my skills to something cool like the work enviroment of engineering too yet i am instictal therortcal and intellectuall
any help would be super cool thanks in advance
edited January 2005
3 replies
Post edited by stjimmy2600 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I major in engineering

• angrodangrod 119 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Ummm, I've always thought of engineers as having some kind of practical bent to them. While a lot of engineering is theoretical (and I do love the theory) I also, and I think this is the same with most engineers, like to apply it practically. It sounds like you might be happier in the pure sciences, and if you like stuff to do with "work environment" you might even like social studies or psychology more. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • celebrian25celebrian25 15085 replies288 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    if anything, I see you as a eletrical engineer major. by far the most theoretical, yet even they need to be practical.
    · Reply · Share
  • thomaschauthomaschau 490 replies20 threadsRegistered User Member
    If not an engineer, maybe applied science--material science, computer science, applied physics, applied mathematics.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity