Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Debating whether or not to take Dynamics over the summer

2»

Replies to: Debating whether or not to take Dynamics over the summer

• saraleigh117saraleigh117 Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    I hear ya. I've got a 4.0 now. I made an A in Calc 1 and Chem 1 this semester. I feel confident about an A in Calc 2, borderline in Chem 2, and I don't know in Intro Phys 1. Until last year I was a working adult, then I lost my job. I figured why not get in school. I'm not your average college kid. I'm 30 with a decade of real world work/management experience with a work ethic to match. My spouse and I have decided to let me focus only on school so that I can get out sooner as well as really do well while I'm here. If it's hard work that it will take, I've got it. :)
  • zer0c123zer0c123 Registered User Posts: 235 Junior Member
    I really hate taking summer courses at my university, but it really helps if you want to get ahead and graduate on time. Most of the time, the department just grabs some guy who has no experience in teaching. I would just do an internship in the summer. just my 2 cents
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 37,334 Super Moderator
    You're right, it's a totally different ballgame when you go to school as a "real" adult. I went straight through, but DH went back to school for engineering when he was 28. He had so much more focus and drive than I did! That's great that your spouse is so supportive!
    @ zer0c123

Fortunately for calc 2 I was able to get the same professor for summer that I had this semester for calc 1, which is wonderful because he is great. He's tuff but I learned so much and did very well. As for my sciences (chem2 and phys1), I asked around and was able to get professors in both classes that come highly recommended. They speak clear english and everything;)
    @ Maine

It is soooo wonderful to have such great support!!!!
2»
This discussion has been closed.