Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Purpose of Pre Calc?

2»

Replies to: Purpose of Pre Calc?

• boneh3adboneh3ad Forum Champion Engineering Posts: 7,441 Forum Champion
    In NY State, or NYC? There is a difference. It is a well known fact that most urban public school systems are severely lacking. That does not indict the entire public school system in the state or country of the same deficiencies.
  • BootedBooted Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    US public education is failing on a global standard. But it doesnt matter, forget it.
  • boneh3adboneh3ad Forum Champion Engineering Posts: 7,441 Forum Champion
    That isn't true though. It is failing in respect to the top echelon of countries in education, but not on a global standard. Personally, I find it troubling that we lag behind such countries as France, but that is hardly a global standard. You are leaving out plenty of countries in that assessment.
  • EgoSurfingEgoSurfing Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Currently, Pre Calc is the flaming garbage can I'm willingly tossing my cash into. I have to take it as a requirement for Calc I @ my college. The first half of my Pre Calc course in 10th grade was just an Algebra 2 refresher.
2»
This discussion has been closed.