Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Units in AP Lit

IsaacMIsaacM Registered User Posts: 465 Member
edited August 2011 in English
I found that I own about 30 books used on the ap lit test, I am planning to read as many as I can before next May (I am self studying). Right now I am trying to put together kind of a study plan like what would be laid out in a syllabus.... Are there any groupings of books that you guys used in your ap lit classes that were organized into thematic type units? Or even time and setting?
Post edited by IsaacM on

Replies to: Units in AP Lit

• peachasopeachaso Registered User Posts: 335 Member
    It is mostly up to the teacher's discretion... In my school we follow our province's curriculum in order to fulfill both the literature 12 requirements and to prepare for the exam. So we read a lot of random literature from throughout the history of the English language, including Beowulf and the Canterbury tales, and some Shakespeare, and some more modern works, and much more.

If you just want to prepare for the test, do as many practice tests as you can, and study 2-3 classics in-depth for the third essay. You don't need to read 30 books. For example, macbeth, crime and punishment, and Mansfield park... Just an example
This discussion has been closed.