Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***AP English Language and Composition Thread 2016-2017***

124»

Replies to: ***AP English Language and Composition Thread 2016-2017***

• sewin2musicsewin2music Registered User Posts: 377 Member
    @LazyRay I got a 5!! I'm so suprized and thankful that I wasn't penalized for writing about our current government on the last essay. If you're anxious about scores you can use "early scores". I'm from California and vacationing out of country right now; worked for me!
  • colormagixcolormagix Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    I used the early score access too... I was kind of surprised I got a 3 because I ended the AP lang class with an solid A and got a high 4 on my final in a pretty competitive school. Maybe it is because I wrote about Trump, maybe it's not but I am pretty devastated.
  • ughfuture28ughfuture28 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I got a 5 and used one of the early vpm websites... I have a question though- does college board release info about your mc and essay scores or just the main 1-5 score?
    @ughfuture28 They only display the 1-5 score. I find that EXTREMELY annoying especially since we pay around $100 per exam and wait 2 months for results, but such is life!
  • ughfuture28ughfuture28 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @sewin2music that's so annoying!! Hopefully one of my essays will be a sample so I can know my score
  • macktheknifemacktheknife Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    5!!!! we really did it folks!!!! watch me walk in AP lit next year and opt out 2nd semester l m f a o
    @macktheknife I feel the same way! I believe one of the essays is a poetry analysis. RIP
  • LazyRayLazyRay Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    I got a big fat 3. I thought that I did better with a 4. Maybe it was a high 3? It doesn't matter, a 3's a 3. Collegeboard should really change it so that we can see the range we were in rather than just a number- for example, maybe telling us if we got a high or low on that number? Maybe it's too much to ask but we did pay $90 for one exam. Anyways (sorry about the rant), congratulations to everyone who got a good score!
  • leafartaffy2leafartaffy2 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    I got a 5! I also wrote about Trump in my 3rd Argumentative essay... and it was not in a positive light. Right after the test I felt discouraged by others who told me that such a position would place me at a disadvantage in front of the readers. However, the College Board graders view these tests in the most objective way possible--something that seems contradictory in a subject like English. Glad that I could express my true opinion without being bashed for once!
  • leafartaffy2leafartaffy2 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    I did as well... read my post above^
  • lindsgallindsgal Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    @leafartaffy2 I wrote pretty much the same thing and got a 5 too LOL. I feel like they set us up for that one!!!
124»
This discussion has been closed.