Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How can I unsubscribe from a thread?

mrfehmrfeh Registered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
Is it true that once I've posted to a thread that I will forever receive notifications of new posts? The only way to avoid this is to turn off notifications for all threads?
Post edited by CCadmin_Sorin on

Best Answer

• vonlostvonlost Posts: 30,001 Super Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    You can turn off notifications for all threads and then selectively click Bookmark in the threads you want to follow (then click Unbookmark when you want to stop following those threads).

Answers

• FlippersMomFlippersMom Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'd really like to turn off notifications for some threads.
  • mrfehmrfeh Registered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    So, you'll receive notifications for bookmarked threads, even if notifications are turned off?
  • mom2twogirlsmom2twogirls Registered User Posts: 1,928 Senior Member
    Yes. I only get notifications for the couple of threads I have bookmarked or if I am tagged, not for all I have responded to.

If I want to look to see if anything was said that I wasn’t tagged in, in a thread I don’t have bookmarked but did respond in, I just click on my post history and then my last response and scan the thread from there.
This discussion has been closed.