Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I owe my school money!!!

RattlerBoi2k7RattlerBoi2k7 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Ok...I owe my school money!!! I currently owe my school 3800.00...Due to me having a balance...I have been placed on hold and can not register for classes until the balance is paid in full....I have done everything to get this balance paid. (EX. Student loans, Certified Loans, Scholarships and etc.) Everything is being return with notices stating "NOT ENROLLED"...I come from a single parent home and mom can not pay the balance. What shall i do?
Post edited by RattlerBoi2k7 on

Replies to: I owe my school money!!!

  • Iron MaidenIron Maiden Registered User Posts: 1,983 Senior Member
    If you can't pay your balance how are you expecting to pay for this next semester?

    There is no money fairy. Your best bet is probably to take a semester or two off and get a job to save money.
  • NovaLynnxNovaLynnx Registered User Posts: 1,406 Senior Member
    Talk to your financial aid counselors. They can look at your specific situation and offer you the best resources. If it is saying you are not enrolled, then something might be going on with the registrar's office. These people are here to help you, and you should take advantage of their availability.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,944 Senior Member
    Nova, the OP says she is not enrolled because she has an outstanding bill to her college. This is not a registrar problem...this is something that she needs to reconcile with the bursars office. If you have an outstanding bill, MOST colleges will not allow you to continue attending.

    So to the OP...you need to figure out a way to either pay this bill and continue school now (and pay for the upcoming term...how will you do that?). OR you need to come up with a payment plan to your current college and work to pay the debt...then you can figure out what to do next.

    Did you underestimate your financial aid or contributions from your parent? How did you think this bill was going to be paid?
  • kelsmomkelsmom Super Moderator Posts: 14,558 Super Moderator
    Did you file for aid late? Or were you selected for verification & did not complete it before the end of the term? In either case, you are not able to get aid for a prior term. When did you file your FAFSA? When was the last day you were enrolled in school?

    If you are trying to get a private loan to pay off a balance from earlier, you have to let the lender know that you are trying to pay off a balance from a prior term. Some lenders will lend for prior term balances, but not all will do so.
This discussion has been closed.