Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSS prof basic info

DETSAznDETSAzn Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
I'm not familiar with the CSS profile. Is it similar to the FAFSA, except it costs money? and when is it due? does it depend on the school, or is there a set deadline. Please let me know; i'm confused.
Post edited by DETSAzn on

Replies to: CSS prof basic info

• SusantmSusantm Registered User Posts: 2,188 Senior Member
    Yes, it is similar to FAFSA, although it includes some things that FAFSA does not, such as home equity. I would certainly check with colleges for the deadline, as that likely varies from school to school.
  • UF???UF??? Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    what's ccs
  • Dado2grlsDado2grls Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    CSS Profile is a FAFSA like reporting tool put out there for private colleges to utilize for determining financial aid.

Not all colleges/universities use the CSS Profile. You can either check for your school(s) at collegeboard.com or on the colleges own webpage for financial aid.
  • scottaascottaa Registered User Posts: 1,037 Senior Member
    CSS stands for College Scholarship Service (if I remember correctly). About 25% of the private colleges utilize the CSS Profile. You do not need to file it unless the schools you apply to require it. Check their FA webpages.

It is going to take more time to file than the FAFSA as it asks for about twice as much info. So get crackin.
This discussion has been closed.