Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

US Citizen but attend school outside US

BlackBunny103BlackBunny103 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member

I'm a US Citizen but due to my dad's occupation, I attend school outside US.

So on FAFSA there's a section which asks "Enter the name, city, and state of your high school, then click Confirm". My school is not in US so I can't enter a state, and it won't let me continue.

Pls help. Thanxx, much appreciated.
Post edited by BlackBunny103 on

Replies to: US Citizen but attend school outside US

  • evzonasevzonas Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    You ,have to select ''foreign country'' in every question about your country.Additionally if i recall you are going have to put '00000' at zip code,and leave blank the state,if you still not able to continue ,use the tips and help on the right of the page or simply contact Fafsa help board.
  • BlackBunny103BlackBunny103 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    My permanent address is in US. I only go outside US to study cuz of my dad's job. And every hols we come back to US.

    So which address should I enter since they ask for permanent home address after all.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,938 Senior Member
    Where would the school send you mail? Sounds like your family LIVES abroad so that is your permanent address. Most expats come to the U.S. each year...for a visit. It's not where you "live".
This discussion has been closed.