Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How do I report Form 1098-T

karolv783karolv783 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
How do you report a Form 1098-T. My daughter receives a FAFSA grant and has $14,365 in grants and $7534 in qualified expenses. She also has a part time job. She lives at home and so I take her as an excemption. I also receive Earned Income Credit which wipes out any tax liability I have. Do I report the difference between the grant and the expenses ($6,831) on my tax forms, since I take the excemption and can take any credits for education credits, or does she have to file the 1098-T on her return?????and not get any credit because I take her as an excemption???? Hope this makes sense to someone.

I've been searching the IRS site for some kind of explanation and can't find out anything. Hope someone can help me.
Post edited by karolv783 on

Replies to: How do I report Form 1098-T

This discussion has been closed.