Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

When/How Do I Send In Financial Aid Materials?

MalixieMalixie Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
All of the schools I am applying to have financial aid options. The forms they require to consider me for financial aid are due about a month after the application (all other forms and common app stuff...etc) is due. My question is how does this work exactly? Do I send in another packet for financial aid materials by their due date? Will the admissions or financial aid office just know to add the financial aid forms to my "folder" that my application is already in? I know that schools continually get materials all year (my online application, teacher recommendations, advisor recommendation...etc) but I guess I just don't know how it works. As materials come in various packets are they just added to one large folder for the student? And if so is there a way I can keep track of this?

I am hoping someone can answer some of not all of my questions. Thanks!
Post edited by Malixie on

Replies to: When/How Do I Send In Financial Aid Materials?

  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,965 Senior Member
    Look one the financial aid section of each college website. This will tell you what you need to submit and when. DO NOT miss the DEADLINES. In fact, get your forms submitted as soon as possible after Feb 1. Your parents should be strongly encouraged to get their taxes done ASAP this year...this is not the year to wait until April 15.

    The FAFSA gets completed online, you list the colleges where you want it sent. You will need a PIN and one of your custodial parents will need a PIN. While the FAFSA isn't available until January 1, you can apply for and get your PIN s now.

    If your school requires the Profile, that too can be submitted online to the College Board. Again you list the colleges where you would like the info sent.

    Some schools have their own financial aid application form too. If that is the case, you will complete it and send to the school.

    Check to see EVERYTHING that is required. Check each school as this will vary from school to school, as will the DEADLINES. Don't miss
    Those deadlines!
This discussion has been closed.