Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Do you think I'll win any of the scholarships I'm applying to?

sillyturtle8sillyturtle8 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I've pretty much spent my break applying for scholarships, but I keep seeing all these people who say they've applied to 30, 40 scholarships and they're received maybe a couple of them if that. I'm not going to stop applying for scholarships (I've applied for about 20 local scholarships and some number of national). But do you think the most I'm going to get out of scholarships is only a one or two wins?

My class rank is 15 out of 392
My weighted GPA is 98.45
My ACT is 24 (English 27. Math 26. Reading 23. Science 20)
SAT - Reading 540. Math 450. Writing 620)

I've done over 60 hours of community service throughout high school. A lot through volunteering opportunities for local churches and volunteering for an organization that sends Christmas stockings to soldiers on duty during the holiday.

I've been in the following clubs at my school: Latin Club, Recycling club, art club, school literary magazine, yoga, National Honor Society, Interact club.

I've gotten a Math Honor Society award and two Student of the Month's. Some subject awards as well.
Post edited by sillyturtle8 on

Replies to: Do you think I'll win any of the scholarships I'm applying to?

• PancakedPancaked Registered User Posts: 3,355 Senior Member
    Your best shot is at local scholarships. I doubt you will win any national scholarships with your stats unless you wrote some of the greatest essays ever read--- there are just way too many applicants. Very few people win national scholarships.

As far as the local ones, it just depends on what they are looking for in applicants and how many people apply. Best of luck to ya. Most people get aid through schools and not through outside scholarships. In fact, if you receive any need-based financial aid from a school, they may limit how much money in outside scholarships that can be used towards your tuition.
  • Iron MaidenIron Maiden Registered User Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    Concentrate on local scholarships only. Your test scores are very low for consideration for national scholarships.
This discussion has been closed.