Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

need some student loan info

2»

Replies to: need some student loan info

• brendank21brendank21 Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    If this is a for profit school chances are the only aid you will qualify is loans and the pell grants. Here are few things to consider:

They will attempt to make their school sound prestigious, but in reality then will accept anybody.

Is an internship required? And will they arrange this for you?

Does the $42,000 include all books, course fees, and materials? This can add up very fast if they don't.

Speak to current and former students and get their experience.
  • mikejones99mikejones99 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    brendank21 Thanks those are some great questions that I want to confirm with the school

lerkin Yes I filled out FASFA just haven't specified which school to apply it for SORRY I meant grants . THANKS PEACE!!!
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,385 Senior Member
    If you are poor enough, you might qualify for a Pell Grant. However, as you have been self-supporting for quite a while, I doubt you would be able to receive one.

Run the Net Price Calculator at the college/university website, and see what the numbers look like. If it is unaffordable, keep looking around at the public CCs that offer this program. One might have space for you.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,194 Forum Champion
    they are for profit schools,

this is not good.

Your earlier post about a CC is confusing. Can't you complete the WHOLE thing at a CC? You mention needing to transfer to a Univ, but that shouldn't be required for that career.

I looked up various states, and this can be had at a CC for a fraction of the cost.
  • milkandsugarmilkandsugar Registered User Posts: 2,869 Senior Member
    I'm sorry, but 42,000 dollars is way too much money for an PTA program that you only get a certificate and the ability to take a test. What if you decide to go further in your career and become a PT, does anything count towards college credit? I would really consider some alternative options.
2»
This discussion has been closed.