Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Community College Under Same Department, Forgot To List It

missluhvleemissluhvlee Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
So, I'm starting out at a community college that is under the same department as another I had listed on my FAFSA.
I'm attending Goldenwest, but had initially put Orange Coast on the application. They are both under the Coastal Community Department.

I was rewarded full Pell and some FSEOG . However, the college I'm attending was not listed on the application.
I just added it to the application.....now. When I had originally sent in the FAFSA on Jan 1st.
Am I guaranteed the amount that I was listed at the other institution given they are under the same department? Or did I just really mess up and potentially can lose the amounts I was awarded?

Replies to: Community College Under Same Department, Forgot To List It

• 4kidsdad4kidsdad Registered User Posts: 4,602 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    ^You should receive the same Pell Grant (as long as it does not exceed the COA); however FSEOG is school dependent. Google Internet for FSEOG
    If you’re eligible for an FSEOG grant, the amount of your award will depend on the school you choose to attend, how much FSEOG funding the school has available to award to eligible students, and your general financial need.
  • missluhvleemissluhvlee Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 71,075 Senior Member
    You need to contact the college and ask them.
This discussion has been closed.