Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

May 1 Deadline

father05father05 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
S is deciding between the last 2 schools at this point. 1st choice is about $3K a year more out of pocket than 2nd choice. 1st choice says that they will review aid and most likely increase it as they consider 2nd choice to be a competitor. We gave them 2nd choice's award for comparison yesterday.

They say it will take "up to 2 weeks" to come up with a new award. If it goes two weeks, that is past the May 1 deadline. How do you handle this with either school? I believe that even if the offer doesn't change, S is still going to wind up at 1st choice. If we send the deposit in, they really have no incentive to raise the award, right? I guess we just wait and hope it comes out by the 1st?
Post edited by father05 on

Replies to: May 1 Deadline

  • rlm919rlm919 Registered User Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    That happened to us although 1st choice was about $15K more than 2nd choice. We waited until the last day; they never responded. (I did call many times to make sure they got the paperwork). Good thing my daughter picked 2nd choice.
    You do have a whole week to wait. The only issue with sending it in soon that I can think of is housing but at this point I do not think a week will matter. (sending it in on the last day my d did get supplemental housing but was moved before the beginning of school)
This discussion has been closed.