Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

In-State tuition for E-2 Visa students in California colleges

chriskimkimchriskimkim Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi I am a high school senior in Hawaii who was accepted to UC Irvine. People tell me I am in an unique situation where I am not a U.S. citizen or green card holder, but with E-2 Visa status. I heard E-2 Visa students can get in-state tuition under AB 2136 California Act if I am a California high school graduate. However, I am not Cal high school graduate, but lived and attended elementary and middle school in California for about 3 years. Do I have to graduate California high school in order to fall under AB 2136 requirement to qualify in-state tuition for UC or CSU schools? I am I eligible for California Dream Act (AB 130, AB131, or AB 540)?

Replies to: In-State tuition for E-2 Visa students in California colleges

  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 14,094 Senior Member
    You need to have graduated from a california high school (and attended for a certain number of years) to get the instate rate.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,501 Senior Member
    It says you have to be a HS graduate in CA.

    How would you wuLofynfir this if you don't graduate from a HS in CA.
Sign In or Register to comment.