Should I apply for the QuestBridge scholarship?
I recently got an email to apply for the QB scholarship and I've heard great things about this program, but I have no idea how competitive it is to be a finalist. My stats include:
GPA - 3.6 UW; 3.71 W
Average grade percent average - 93
Class rank - Top 20% in a class size of 700+
I have taken and will take 13 AP classes
AP English Lang: 4
AP Human: 4
AP US History: 5
AP World History: 5
First time - Math: 610; R/W: 630
Second time - Math: 640; R/W: 610
* Will take my last SAT in August. Scores come out on September 20th, so before the Questbridge due date. Should I wait to send my scores then? I'm very optimistic about achieving a better score since the first two times don't reflect my full capabilities.
President of Model United Nations (debate, political club)
- Won honorable mention for best delegate and two awards for best position paper at regional competitions
- Attended SUSMUN conference as well
- 3 years
- Won third place in hydrogeology for the Rockdale Magnet School regionals.
- 3 years.
- Volunteer club with admission based upon GPA. I helped my school with setting up for games.
- Helped out on weekend for several hours at my dad's convenience store/gas station and stocked shelves throughout high school
Marjaan Basketball Tournament
- Volunteered to help my cousin, co-founder, set up and run a basketball tournament each year to help Muslim youth of Atlanta play competitive basketball at Emory University's gym. Kept score and set up games.
Double major in finance and accounting, study at Emory, work in consulting/investment banking/management for at least a decade and eventually go into politics.
Other things you should know about me:
My parents are immigrants from Bangladesh with a high school diploma from there. My mom is now a stay-at-home mom and my dad is a small business owner. Combined household income is ~100k. I'm the first in my family to attend college, so my parents have always made school a big deal for me.
I know my stats aren't quite "elite school material", but I do have motivation and the drive to be the best that I can be, whether that is taking the most AP classes and doing well on the exam or devoting a lot of my free time to ECs. The question is: is it worth applying to the Questbridge Scholarship? Thank you all for any consideration and advice given!