Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Need Advice on Scholarship-Giving Schools

FullRideHopefulFullRideHopeful Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
Hello.

I am a current high school senior. My family isn't poor by any means, but I already have an older sister in college and a younger one that will follow behind me. While my parents could most likely pay to send me to our state schools (Virginia Tech or UVA), nothing would make me happier than to tell my parents that I got a full ride.

Stats:
4.3 W / 3.9 UW GPA
1490 SAT
5 on AP Calc AB Test
3 On AP English Test

One thing about me that I hope will set me apart from others with similar stats is that I attend a highly selective and rigorous magnet program (Called Governor Schools in Virginia) where I take advanced math and science classes. I have also done well in a few local science fairs but never moved on to anything at the state level or beyond.

I have played varsity golf all of my high school career.
I have many volunteer hours, started a Model UN Club, and have done a internship with a architect at a large company throughout my junior year.

I hope on majoring in computer or electrical engineering but am also considering physics.

I've already applied to Ole Miss and am expecting a good amount of scholarships, but their low engineering ranking worries me that it might hurt my chances of getting in to a good graduate school.
Also, I know my stats aren't the best and I probably don't have much room for preference, but I would love to go to a school in a big city but will go pretty much anywhere that will give me a full ride (or close to it).

Thanks in advance!

Replies to: Need Advice on Scholarship-Giving Schools