Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

omg help with fafsa-- what am I doing wrong.

124»

Replies to: omg help with fafsa-- what am I doing wrong.

• mhop72mhop72 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    Oh lordy,

Who said I paid tuition for "all those years" ?
    Why do you not assume I was a struggling single parent on a free ride for parish aid at a catholic school, living in an apt until recently.
    WHY assume there was ever any money to put away at all?

I'm not giving my back story. I said, here are my PRESENT bills, here is my ACCUMULATED debt, and here is our PRESENT (not historic) income.

Hey, guess what, I lived overseas in a third world nation with a tiny income ... doing volunteer work for a faith based organization... what money was I supposed to put away? Its almost funny.

I understand the FAFSA is for loan eligibility. I also understand schools use it when figuring out need based scholarships and etc. I understand that many merit scholarships have a need component. So , this EFC figure is pretty useless in certain circumstances? It simply does not reflect need based on real life.

Again, so many kids will huge huge debts after graduation. The whole system is broken.

I think I am done with CC.
    You are not a friendly bunch.
124»
This discussion has been closed.