Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CHANCE ME at getting scholarships!

13»

Replies to: CHANCE ME at getting scholarships!

• itsvitsv Registered User Posts: 1,437 Senior Member
    American University gave one of my first gen students enough financial aid to attend two years ago so look at that school. Reach out to every admission officer and financial aid office for colleges on your list and inquire about how much aid and scholarships you are eligible for. Do not apply to unaffordable colleges.
  • itsvitsv Registered User Posts: 1,437 Senior Member
    Look at Trinity College in Connecticut. They have 15 full tuition scholarship and gave one of my students with similar stats one. Reach out to Angel Perez, he is Director of Admissions and a good guy.
  • galsc01galsc01 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    @itsv Thank you for all that info. I'll definitely look into that First Gen and Hispanic Recognition stuff :)
  • carolinamom2boyscarolinamom2boys Registered User Posts: 6,502 Senior Member
    edited May 15
    You should really look at CofC..It is urban, they have a good international relations program . Retake your ACT or SAT and apply to the Honors College at CofC. It's a great program with many of the opportunities that you're looking for . My son attends there. Many of his classmates have done semsters abroad and in DC. Something to consider. If you're first gen or an URM they also have scholarships available.
  • lyndonwslyndonws Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    You should ask your high school and community college if there are any additional benefits to your Early College Program. Your state's 4yr schools may accept the credits more readily if they're all part of the same state college system (including your community college). Our EC students matriculate as sophomores with an extra scholarship, and graduate within 3yrs.
    @lyndonws Yes, the community college credits transfer very well to many of the in-state universities. I don't know if I could graduate earlier though, thanks for the information.
    @carolinamom2boys Thanks for that info!
13»