Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Automatic Scholarships (Any Amount)/In-State Tuition Scholarships for Out-of-State Transfers?

stelliferousstelliferous Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
Are there any universities ranked in the top 75 that offer scholarships automatically based on GPA/SAT scores? Or any schools that offer in-state tuition for out-of state students? I would be a transfer student from Texas.

Replies to: Automatic Scholarships (Any Amount)/In-State Tuition Scholarships for Out-of-State Transfers?

• DustyfeathersDustyfeathers Registered User Posts: 2,519 Senior Member
    Not sure if it's in the top 75 but U of Maine at Orono offers in-state matching. They have some excellent programs and it's a gorgeous area. Also there's an airport in the town, with direct flights from a surprising number of places.

Also check out U of Alabama Tuscaloosa and Huntsville.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 68,435 Senior Member
    Top 75 schools that offer automatic scholarships to TRANSFER students?

The answer is...zero.

Why are you transferring?
  • bobo44bobo44 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    I believe University of Nebraska Lincoln gives a George Beadle Transfer scholarship for specific high stats that is pretty close to instate tuition. A bargain for a good state flagship!
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid Posts: 83,265 Forum Champion
    @bobo44 is it automatic?
  • bobo44bobo44 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    You can look it up on their website. I know it is automatic for first year applicants and I noted at the time my daughter applied as a freshman that they offered the Beadle for transfers as well (but I recall it being around $500 less for transfers.) Worth checking out.
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 35,112 Super Moderator
    Beadle is $14.5K/year to offset OOS costs. https://admissions.unl.edu/cost/#scholarships/transfer-george-beadle

U Toledo offers up to full tuition but it's competitive. http://www.utoledo.edu/admission/transfer/scholarships/prestige.html
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 68,435 Senior Member
    And this poster wants top 75 schools...as a transfer.
  • WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom Registered User Posts: 9,206 Senior Member
    Not a top 75 school, but the Amigo Transfer Scholarship at Univ of New Mexico gives instate tuition plus $100/semester to OOS transfers with a 3.5 GPA.
  • stelliferousstelliferous Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Thank you for all the replies!!!

@thumper1 I got into a private top 40 uni as a high school senior but was not offered enough financial aid. For my first year of college, I ended up going to another school, but I rarely met other students who spent as much time on studying and extracurriculars as I did. As a rising college sophomore, I now have the chance to attend a top 60 school in-state, but the major I want to pursue is not guaranteed to me.