Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSS query? Submit ASAP like the FAFSA or have some time?

Mom2DDstheArtsMom2DDstheArts Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Just finished FAFSA, now starting this but traveling this weekend so most likely will send these next week. Does that affect aid offers? Earlier the better like FAFSA or just do it ASAP?

Replies to: CSS query? Submit ASAP like the FAFSA or have some time?

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 71,058 Senior Member
    There are types of federally funded need based aid that are limited per college campus...which is why submitting the FAFSA earlier is better. First come...first served.

I personally think you can wait a week to do the Profile.
  • Mom2DDstheArtsMom2DDstheArts Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    With FAFSA, she hasn't applied to the schools yet? Does that matter as well? IT's so confusing -- first kid heading
    off to college. I will be an expert by the time my 2nd goes :)
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 71,058 Senior Member
    She can submit her FAFSA before she applies...schools will start a file for her.

But she has to KNOW where she is applying...because that is where the FAFSA will be submitted.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 34,499 Senior Member
    Each school will have their own deadline for the Profile. Just be sure you meet it.
  • BelknapPointBelknapPoint Registered User Posts: 3,759 Senior Member
    Each school will have their own deadline for the Profile. Just be sure you meet it.

This.