Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Berry College - scholarships

K8sMom2002K8sMom2002 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
My DD is over the moon that she has been accepted to Berry College in Georgia. She has been awarded a merit scholarship of $18k a year, plus a $4K Grant. With her Hope and TEG (Georgia Scholarship programs), this is getting it close to what state schools would cost ... but not quite.

She has the option to apply for four scholarships at Berry: Gate of Opportunity, Bonner, Leadership and Lettie Pate Whitehead.

Gate is close to a full ride, but it is a work scholarship. You have to work year round to pay it back. Her mentor is strongly advising her to not apply for Gate—she is a STEM pre-dental/chemistry major, and he is concerned she will jeopardize her chance at dental school. It’s very competitive, and she might not have a chance anyway.

Does anyone know what the chances are and usual amounts of scholarships for Bonner or Lettie Pate Whitehead?

Moderators, please feel free to move this to where it will get more eyes on it if I’ve posted it in the wrong place. I am fairly new to posting.